While the toolbox is focused mostly on teaching strategy at the MBA and BBA levels, there is also room to provide some resources for PhD programs as well. Below are some strategy PhD seminar syllabi that may be useful. Please send me your most recent syllabi and I will add them to this post. Some specialized strategy seminars are pulled out below (innovation and research methods).
- Ahuja (Michigan): Corporate Strategy – F13
- Alcacer (HBS): Foundations of Strategy – F09
- Boudreau (LBS): Strategy -F14
- Carpenter (Wisconsin): Strategic Management – S10
- Chen (National Central University, Taiwan): Strategy and Organizations – S14
- Coff (Wisconsin): Strategy Seminar – S14 (all forthcoming articles)
- Coff & Posen (Wisconsin): Strategy Seminar – F16
- Csaszar (INSEAD): Competitive Strategy – S11
- Csaszar (Michigan): Cognition and Strategy – S14
- Eggers (NYU): Strategic Management – F09
- Hambrick (PSU): Strategic Management – S10
- Hoetker (ASU): Strategy Foundations – S12
- Hoetker (Illinois): Strategy Process
- Karim (Boston U): Organizations, Strategy & Economics – S12
- Klein (Missouri): Economics of Institutions & Organizations – F14
- Leiblein (OSU): Competitive Strategy & Organization – F12
- Levinthal (Wharton): Economic Foundations of Management – F13
- Ma (PekingU): Strategic Management-S15
- Makadok (Emory): Strategic Management– F14
- Mitchell (Duke): Strategy I & II – F09
- Eggers (NYU): Innovation & Creativity – S13
- Hoetker (ASU): Innovation – F13
- Leiblein (OSU): Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management – S14
- Schilling (NYU): Innovation – S12
- Lee (U.Florida): Promoting Robust and Reliable Research Practices (Online research methods videos funded by NSF featuring top strategy and organization scholars). Also here is the NSF Project Report.
- Hoetker (Illinois): Research Methods – S10
- Leiblein (OSU): Research Methods in Strategy – F17
- Mahoney (Illinois): Methodological and Philosophical Perspectives – F11
- Prabhu (Indian Inst Mgt): Qualitative Methods – F17
Contributed by Russ Coff (and all the folks above!)
Pingback: PhD Strategy Syllabi | Organizations and Markets
Thank you.Very insightful!
Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for sharing
Thanks very much for sharing!
Thank you very much for sharing these valuable materials.